I've had Botox in lower lip and Radiesse 2 months ago and my lower lip it's still swollen. Any suggestions?

Nurse states it's not the filler .. Will this ever subside ?

Thank you for your question. Botox and Radiesse is not injected in the lips. I would recommend visiting a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person assessment. 

Regards, 

Swollen Lip

Botox can be used to help soften the vertical lines above the lip and usually does not cause swelling. Radiesse  is a filler not to be used in the lip because it can cause lumps and the only way to remove it is through a surgical removal process. I would consult an experienced practitioner about further options.  

Botox and radiesse in lip

Botox (or Dysport) maybe used in very small amounts in the upper lip to weaken vertical lines. Radiesse is a filler but not recommended for the lip as it may cause irregularities or lumps. See a board certified specialist to evaluate the problem you have.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Radiesse Lip Problem

Botox is not a filler and is not injected into the lips, although it may be used, in small doses around the lips. Radiesse is never used as a lip filler. It can cause persistent, long-term, hard nodules, which may be what you are developing. The only way to get rid of them is operative removal. Another possibility is that you have an infection. Please consult an experienced cosmetic surgeon and do not go back to this nurse.

Nicole Kafka, MD
New York General Surgeon

Botox and Radiesse not for Lips

Neither Botox nor Radiesse are to be injected into the lips.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in cosmetic injections to evaluate the problem.  Best, Dr. Green

Radiesse is not injected in the lips

cjones in rescue, CA

Radiesse in never injected in the lips. Seek evaluation for removal by another physician.

Dr H Karamanoukian

Radiesse into lips? Never

I don't know where you went but Radiesse should never be placed in lips. It will almost always lead to long term nodules that often needs surgical removal. Botox should only be injected around the lips, and not into lips. Please see a more qualified physician soon to rule out infection. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip swelling

Did you have your medical treatment performed by a nurse at a "spa"? Unfortunately this is not unexpected. You should not have Radiesse injected into lips EVER, and I don't understand why you would have Botox injected into lower lips, if not for "smoker's lines". Please consult a real dermatologist, plastic or facial plastic surgeon as soon as possible.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swollen lips

Thank you for your question. You need to be immediately evaluated by a board certified Dermatologist with a copy of your medical records. Neither Botox or Radiesse should be injected into the lips. Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Swollen lips 2 months post injection of Radiesse and Botox

Thank you for sharing your question. You need to have comprehensive evaluation by an experienced doctor in order to determine proper treatment. It would be helpful if you could post before and after photos.
Good luck,