What Can I Do After Three Surgeries Have Failed?

My 1st surgery was March 2009 (over tm) 1 week later 1 breast was so Inlarged surgery was done with a new implant he could clean up and remove blood clots. Then in December 2009 I had been noticing the same breast was hurting I waited until April 2010 to see him which I was told the breast had capsulated and he wants to put them under the muscle which he did. Now the same breast again has not formed to size it's lop sided. What should I do the fear to have surgery for the 4th time is scarey.

3 surgeries

It sounds like you had a collection of bllod in the breast in March and then had encapsulation that required you to have another operation. The implants are now placed under muscle.

So your breasts have had a significant amount of trauma with all the surgery and they ned time to rest now.

Perhaps you should consider not having any further surgery for a while. 

With regards to the asymmetry, I say to my patients that breasts are sisters not twins. Its normal for one to be different to the other.

Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

3 surgeries

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

You may want to seek a second opinion

Even in the best of hands with the best breast surgeons, patients develop complications. It would probably ease your mind, if you saw another reputable physician to get a second opinion. Always choose a board certified plastic surgeon, and ask other physicians such as your gynecologist, or friends of yours who have had cosmetic breast surgery ,if they would give you a recommendation.

You may want to seek a second opinion

Recurrent capsular contracture: consider Strattice

With a recurrent capsular contracture you have limited options. One is to remove the implant and the capsule, allow everything to heal for a few months and start over; the other is capsulectomy, implant replacement, and A Strattice graft. This is very effective at preventing another recurrence.

Breast implant capsular contracture

Problems with breast implants like hardening can occur but in my practice fortunately, it has become much less. Once you have a problem though, it may not go away. It is difficult to judge what I would recommend from your photos and what you write except to not have surgery again until at least one year from last one. Watch my videos.

Breast implant capsular contracture

More breast surgery

I would advise you to leave it alone.  It's never, ever perfect.  Get fitted for a nice bra and enjoy your nice, full chest. 

More breast surgery

Risk versus return in breast surgery

At this point, you've already had two complications with implant surgery - Hematoma followed by capsular contracture. You have asymmetry, but not striking. Further surgery is less predictable and the risk of further complications may outweigh any minor improvement in symmetry. If it does not bother you significantly, I recommend leaving things as they are.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Risk versus return in breast surgery

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Repeat breast surgery

It sounds as though you have had a rough time.i believe the ensuing hematoma probably contribute to the capsule.Putting the implant under the muscle,vigorous massage and perhaps a textured implant may provide for a softer more natural implant.

Repeat breast surgery

Fourth Breast Surgery

I do not see any indication for surgical revision in the pictures.  Breasts look fine, and symmetric.  If you want them tighter and lifted, consider circumvertical mastopexy.

Fourth Breast Surgery

Breast asymmetry

Your presurgical photos need reassessment. The photos show reasonable symmetry, you may have some extra breast tissue with mild sagging on left side which can get exaggerated when the implant is under the muscle. But atleast it is in safe place. In my view leave it alone.

Breast asymmetry

Multiple loser to capsular contracture

At this point, it would be reasonable to leave them alone or consider having them taken out as you seem to be someone in whom implants don't mix well.

Multiple loser to capsular contracture