Is It Possible to Repair Volume in the Buccal Fat Area?

I'm not 30 years old and I would to like fresh and younger, at about 25 years old, my lower and upper cheeks were fuller. I did not have any circles under my eyes. Is it possible to repair these things and give me that young look again? What procedure would be best to fill larger areas? I have read that as we age, we lose fat, collagen, and even bone. Is it possible to restore these things? When I look at pictures of 5 years ago, I can see exactly what has changed. Can surgery help me?

Doctor Answers 2

Restore volume in cheeks, buccal fat pad.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Options to restore volume in the buccal fat pads include fat injections,

Perlane, Radiesse and  and longer lasting Artefill.

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person prior to making treatment decisions.

New York Plastic Surgeon

Procedures to restore volume in cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are several types of procedures that can be done to add volume to the cheeks and face.  Certain areas, including the cheeks, can be augmented with surgically placed implants.  There are also several different types of injectable fillers that can be used as well.  In general, when you make the face fuller, it does make the face appear younger.  A consultation with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon should be able to determine if you are a candidate for implants or fillers.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.