What Can Be Done to Repair Too Much Labial Removal During Labiaplasty? (photo)

I am 6 months post op from labiaplasty. Too much labial tissue was removed on the right side. My frenulum was dissected, there is virtually no labia minor and what is there is bumpy/misshapen/scar tissue. The area is still tender and painful. The surgeon also removed a lot of tissue on the right side of my clitoral hood. Is it possible to do a rotational flap from left side of the clitoral hood? Based on the pics is there anything that can be done to given me functional anatomy? Please help me!

Labiaplasty revision for over resection - Los Angeles

I perform labiaplasty revision to reconstruct over-resection of labiaplasty surgery.  The procedure is more entailed and may incorporate a flap reconstruction. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Revisions can always be considered

and you need to see a surgeon with experience to help guide you through this process.  Your photos do show some obvious changes but a more close up exam is required to better appreciate what tissues are available for use in rectifying your issues.

Curtis Wong, MD

Labial reconstruction

You had a trimming labiaplasty with removal of most of your right labium and the right clitoral hood on the lower portion and side.  You may have adequate clitoral hood on your right side to reconstruct your frenulum and upper right labium minora with a clitoral hood flap,  I have done this surgery about 30 times with excellent results. The surgery takes a couple hours, so it is not a simple office procedure. I cannot make your labia match but can make an improvement.  If any surgeon reduces more of your clitoral hood, you will be ineligible for this repair. This is a very specialized procedure.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Reconstruction of labia minora

Yes there are various techniques available to reconstruct the labia minora although never quite as good as the original tissue and only to a certain extent.  Thus the next important thing for you to do is consult with a board certified plastic surgeon specialist in labiaplasty so that s/he can physically examine you and give you your best options.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD

What Can Be Done to Repair Too Much Labial Removal During Labiaplasty?

Yes, tissue from the larger side can be used to improve symmetry.  There are other ways to bring tissue to this area as well.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA 

Too much resection !!!

I don't think that it will solve your problem. Do you think that it's more a functional or an aesthetic problem. So that we can deal with your major problem firstly. 

Alper Tuncel, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon