I want to get hair transplant around the hairline. Will transplanted hair last for 10 years or more?

Hi, I'm 29yo female, born with high forehead. There's no hair to begin with and I want to get hair transplant to reduce the size. If transplanted hair falls out after a year, will it grow back?

In general hair transplant surgery is considered permanent. As long as the donor hair is healthy the transplanted

In general, hair transplant surgery is considered permanent.  As long as the donor hair is healthy the transplanted hairs will behave (live) like the donor hair.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant to lower hairline

Hair transplant is a well tolerated cost effective way to lower your hairline.  Assuming you have no other condition causing hair loss, the results should last a lifetime. 

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Will Hair Transplants Last More than 10 Years

Hair transplants when used to lower the hairline will last a lifetime. You should also consider the hair line lowering procedure that we described many years ago. With this approach the hairline is lowered with immediate results with  hair of normal uniform density which allows the patient to style their hair any way they desire because hair will grow through and in front of the incision. Consult with a surgeon who uses all these techniques.

High hairline treatment in a female?

yes you can have hair transplants to lower your hairline. They will last forever. However it is far less expensive and quick results to do a hairline advancement with the hair growing through the scar to lower your hairline.  If properly done you will not see the scar. Unlike transplants there will be no hair texture change since no grafting was used. See a very experienced surgeon who does the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline lowering. Look at his results of the hairline. Make sure he does many of these per year.

Frontal hairline for female

You must be examined by a knowledgeable doctor that can make sure that you do not have a disease that caused your high hairline. If that is the case, then a hair transplant will work and lower the hairline and probably last your lifetime. If you have a cause of the hair loss, then a surgery on the hairline will fail. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon