Tubular Breast correction? (Photos)

I would like to know if it was possible to reshape my tubular shaped breast to a more regular round shape without using implants as I do no seek enlargement and fear negative long term effects that silicone might have to my Hashimoto's condition(anti-immune disease)Maybe breast lift, areola redaction?

Tuberous Breasts

You can reshape and enhance the breast with a lift.  A good alternative to an implant is fat transfer.  As for your auto-immune disease, silicone gel implants have been around 50 years, and data shows that they don't cause or exacerbate this problem. No need to worry. 

Mild tubular breasts can be lifted

and made to look more appealing.  But you have to accept a scar around the areola that could stretch out down the road.  Is that worth it to you?  Implants would really help with making them rounder and they are not known to aggravate or cause any autoimmune disorders so you can do that as well if you wish.  There is a small chance of having a crease on the lower pole but in most cases, its imperceptible.  A donut lift could be done if you really wanted smaller areola but it is not mandatory with implants.  So if you are accepting of scars and truly want to be just a little smaller than you are, a lift alone can do it for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Tubular Breast correction?

From your photos, I believe you do have moderate form of tuberous (tubular) shaped breasts.  In most cases this can be corrected with a donut (circumareolar) breast lift with or without breast implants.  To reduce the areolar size, the incisions could be made within your present areola.  Tightening the skin around the areola (similar to cinching a purse string) will help convert the conical shape of the breast to a more round shape.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, who has extensive tuberous breast surgery experience.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts

this is a good indication for a circumareolar lift. Think of the breast tissue as a hernia through the breast natural capsule. By progressively tightening the circumareolar tissues the breast gland is reduced inward and a rounder shape is achieved. Without an implant there will be less tendency to a stretch back of the areola. I applaud your decision to avoid implants. Perhaps fat grafting could help you achieve symmetry to that end. Trying to reduce a breast through a circumareolar incision can be accomplished but is a challenge and fraught with problems in my experience trying to accomplish both goals

Tuberous breast deformity

Thank you for your question.  You appear to have type 1, if not type 2 (somewhat difficult to determine bases on your photos), tuberous breast deformity.  The lower pole of your breast is somewhat underdeveloped but you have a decent amount of skin below the areola.  In addition, you have herniation of the areola.  Although correction usually involves placement of an implant in order to restore volume to the underdeveloped lower portion of the breast, a simple circumareolar mastopexy and scoring of the lower pole breast tissue may improve your shape enough to meet your goals.  I suggest you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons experienced in correction of the tuberous breast deformity to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

? Tubular Breast Correction

You do not appear to have truly tuberous breasts which are constricted at the base. Instead, you appear to have dialed areolae with great herniation into them. This can be corrected easily with a periareolar lift which can easily be done in the office. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in all types of breast corrections.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Tubular correction

Thank you for the question and photos and in point of fact you have several options to correct your breast shape some are even scarless involving the use of RFAL.  So see some experts familiar with these techniques

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Tuberous breast

The short answer to your question is yes. Based on the photos provided, lifting and reducing your right breast can be accomplished to attempt to match your left breast. You should have no issues with Hashimoto's disease and silicone based breast implants. I have numerous patients in my practice with Hashimoto's and breast implants with no effects what so ever. Good luck.

Eric E. Wegener, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon