Removing the compression garments....had full Tummy tuck and breast lift on 7/27/16. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am wearing a bathing suite type garment that snaps down in between my legs and has suspenders and then I am wearing a compression bra. I do not have any drains as of now. I did sponge bath yesterday and washed the compression garments but are we able to remove the garments during the day just to let everything breath. Mine is constantly bunching up underneath my bra and then riding up in between my legs. It would be nice just to have a breather.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Compression Garments Following your Tummy Tuck

The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling following a #TummyTuck or #Abdominoplasty. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after surgery, as directed by their doctor. Some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort. If you have concerns about your #healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Compression Garment

Thank you for your question. I allow my patients to remove the compression garment and leave it off while it is air drying. You should always discuss limitations and restrictions with the surgeon that performed your surgery. It is important for the garment to fit properly and comfortably. It's always recommended that you use a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question. As i can see on the photos it looks like you are have a great recovery. All looks very well and i think there is not a problem to remove the garment for hour or 2 to let everything breathe. Best of luck  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Compression garments can be tricky and each surgeon is unique in how he/she prefers to use them.  The garments should be comfortable and provide support.  If you are finding that they are bunching up and you are needing frequent breaks, then the fit may be off.  Contact your surgeon for an assessment of the situation.  As you go through recovery, swelling changes and that can impact the fit of the garment.  In other words, what was great Day 1 may not fit so great as you heal.  Best wishes.

Camille Cash, MD

Can garment be removed

From what I can see you look good so far. I see no problem in removing the garment to let everything breath for an hour or so. I would be comfortable with you showering also but you should get the opinion of your plastic surgeon on this. It looks like you are heading for a nice result.

Karen Quigley, MD

Post op compression

Obviously every surgeon follow a different protocol, but I don't think anyone would argue that taking the compression off for a "breather" a few times during the day is fine.  Talk to your surgeon about finding a garment that is more comfortable, a simple binder or even spanx.  Good luck, Jane