Is this Normal? (photos)

This is my 4th picosure treatment. Decided to try one of the PFD patches and treated the area twice. Then this happened.

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

Use perflouordecalan is great in some instances but here it was way too strong and you have no the potential for scarring.  Please speak to an expet.  you need proper wound care at this time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Complication from Tattoo removal

Although fluid filled blisters are common with tattoo removal, the tissue coming off your arm looks too thick- indicating too deep a wound so I would say this is NOT normal. You will have a significant risk of scarring and infection in this region- I suggest you see a plastic surgeon and get some sort of specialized dressing (?silicone gel sheet) ASAP. As for the PFD patch- FYI- The clinical study “Rapid,
High-Fluence Multi-Pass Q-Switched Laser Treatment of Tattoos With a
Transparent Perfluorodecalin-Infused Patch: A Pilot Study” was published on August 12, 2015 in the Lasers in Surgery and Medicine journal, showcasing the benefits of the PFD patch for Q-Switched laser tattoo removal. The study was performed in Nashville, TN by Dr. Brian S. Biesman and
colleagues on only 20 adult patients with dark blue or black ink tattoos. The
patient pool had Fitzpatrick skin types I-III (fair skinned) and received five or more
treatment sessions at 4 to 6 week intervals until their unwanted tattoo
was completely removed. A Q-switched Alexandrite 755 nm laser was used to perform all treatments in the study. One important thing to note about the PFD patch is that no
studies have been conducted with Picosecond lasers, Nd:yag or ruby lasers. 
Be sure not to expose this wound to potentially unclean surfaces, as well as pool water, lake water, hot tubs etc. Keep it covered until you see the plastic surgeon.Best,Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician