I had Mohs surgery in the middle of my upper lip two weeks ago, and have a question about the use of Biocorneum cream.

At the same time of my upper lip sugery a small amount of mucosal tissue was taken from my inner lower lip and used as a graft to fill in the upper lip. Sutures have been removed at both sites and at 10 days post surgery I was advised to use Biocorneum cream followed by vaseline on my upper lip. It seems to me that the treated area is getting irritated and more swollen. The instructions on the cream say not to use on mucosal tissue which is the source of my graft. Is this contraindicated?

Plato's Scar Serum for lip scars

I would limit the use of a silicone gel to the dry mucosa. In our office, we prefer Plato's Scar Serum for surgical scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Plato's Scar Serum for lip scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles