I would like information on breast reduction.

I am very uncomfortable, and somewhat ashamed of my man breasts. I am 68, retired, on medicare...wonder if the procedure is feasible, and cost....

Treating Men over 50 Years Old with Gynecomastia

The treatment of men over the ages of 50 or 60, with #gynecomastia still follows basic surgical guidelines and principles. First, the patient must be in generally good health. There is no defined upper age limit for gynecomastia surgery. However, medical issues, such as hypertension, diabetes, etc. must be under control prior to surgery. In older men the main difference in the surgery compared with younger men has to do with their skin tone and nipple position. As we get older, we lose #elastin in our skin which leads to decreased tone. Therefore, in certain cases, the gynecomastia surgery in older men will also need to address the loosened skin and possibly #repositioning of the nipple and areola. This will allow for the most ideal contour and a patient who is happy with their results.

Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Male breast reduction.

I suggest you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. You can find one at ASPS.org. Often consultations are free. A Board Certified Surgeon will have seen many, many cases of gynecomastia so you have no reason to be uncomfortable during your consultation.

Francis X. Fleming, MD
Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

The best way to determine which options are best for you is to consult a board certified plastic surgeon. If you are a candidate for this type of surgery some locations offer payment plans or financing that can be established to help to achieve your desired appearance. Pricing can vary depending on the surgeon and location of the practice. At the Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute well will be happy to provide you with an estimate of cost for your desired procedure when you contact us directly. Best of luck.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Information for Male Breast Reduction

The best source for breast reduction information is to consult in person with board certified plastic surgeons. Many like myself do not charge for a consultation, and we can tailor the information to your needs.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Information for breast reduction

There is a lot of information these days on the internet. One of the most popular informational sites is gynecomastia.org. There are different options for treatment depending on the type and severity of your male breasts. Some men are able to have breast reduction by CoolSculpting which is a non-invasive procedure that is done in the office. To find out what options are available to you be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that specializes in gynecomastia. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Gynecomastia

Gynecomastia, over-developed or enlarged breast tissue in males, is a common condition that can occur at any age and occur as a result of a variety of causes. It is often resistant to diet and exercise and may cause clothing to fit poorly, as well as embarrassment in social situations, such as swimming. Occasionally, it can even be painful. While the condition is sometimes treatable with medication, in most cases, the only solution is surgery. A male breast reduction will greatly improve the condition, or, more likely, correct it completely, leading to a more masculine-looking chest and greater self-confidence.

However, the best way to give true advice would be an in person exam and consultation. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative body surgery.

Dr Schwartz

I would like information on breast reduction

hi there
the attached video can give you a better idea
another way is to go meet a qualified plastic surgeon who can help you

Gynecomastia NV

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question and fees vary from office to office and type of procedure required so see some experts in your area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD