13 days post op. Should I be worried they don't look the same? I am doing my massage and I feel it's not changing. (photo)

13 days post op. Should I be worried they don't look the same? I am doing my massage and I feel it's not changing

You are as you know a very long way from seeing your final result. I recommend you maintain frequent followup with your surgeon and follow his or her instructions. You will not be looking at the final implant positions for at least 6-8 months. All the best.

Asymmetry such as yours

is common after augmentation and you can anticipate better symmetry as they settle if you have smooth round implants.  If you have textured implants, manipulating implant position is more challenging.  Follow your surgeon's instructions on how best to achieve symmetry.

Curtis Wong, MD

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

Asymmetry is very common right after breast augmentation. Often one breast will decrease in swelling prior to the other.  The breasts are usually asymmetric prior to surgery but sometimes the asymmetry is highlighted once implants are placed.  You will not be able to see the final result until at least six months.  Hang in there!

Melissa Doft, MD

13 days post op. Should I be worried they don't look the same? I am doing my massage and I feel it's not changing.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.
You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that the breasts are "different". I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.In my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”. Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change.
In your case, I would suggest continued patience. Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Asymmetry after augmentation

Congrats on your augmentation, smile2269! Some asymmetry after surgery is not uncommon and may have been there before. Often times if an implant is placed submuscularly and an implant is lower on one side it may be because the person is right hand or left hand dominant and the implant is being pushed by constant use of that one arm. Check with your board certified plastic surgeon and see what they think of the asymmetry. Best of luck, MMT

Breast Augmentation Appearance at 2 Weeks #breastaugmentation

• 13 days after a breast augmentation is much too early to see the final appearance of your breast implants. 
  • I don't think you need to be worried.  As the implants settle into place, and the lower pole breast skin stretches, some patients notice that the implants settle at different rates. 
  • In a couple months, you will be much closer to seeing your final results.
  • Hang in there, and be patient!
  • Thanks for sharing!