Curious: do majority of people get high fever after day of breast augmentation?

Fever after surgery

Having a high fever after surgery is something that should be reported to your surgeon right away. It is typical to run maybe a degree over your normal but anything more than that can be a concern for other issues and should be addressed by your doctor. 

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

A high fever after surgery is not normal

you should let your surgeon know. A small  fever after a BA is not uncommon. 

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Fevers after surgery

Fevers unrelated to infection are common in the first couple days after surgery. Many patients do not recognize they are having fevers. I do not advise my patients to routinely monitor their temperature after surgery. In hospitals where nurses are measuring vitals signs around the clock, fever is commonly documented, and typically not related to infection. Fever is worrisome if it persists or worsens and is associated others signs or symptoms of infection. Episodes of elevated temperature may be completely normal, or may signify the need to take deeper breaths (hard to do right after a breast implant!). Use your knowledge of your body and good judgement. If you don't feel sick, your fever may uneventfully pass.

Angela Keen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

High fever after day of breast augmentation?

A high fever is not the "norm" after any type of surgery.  Fevers may be a sign of infection and should be reported to the patient's plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Not typically. Although one day after surgery is a littler early for an infection a high fever could possibly mean that one is developing. If it persists I would suggest getting seen by your surgeon to make sure everything is healing well. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC