Is bellafill a permanent filler for acne scars?

Thank you for always taking the time to anewer questions.

Bellafill for Acne Scars.

Bellafill is essentially permanent. The formal studies go out 5 years and there is no drop off on volume. As an acne scar filler, there is no equal. I have patients who still have great results at 9 years after filling their acne scars.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill, Acne Scarring treatment

Bellafill is more permanent than other fillers and thus it requires meticulous injection technique and someone skilled and experienced. Some physicians do not use this product for those reasons. I use a significant amount of this product and find it very useful and beneficial for patients. Best, Dr. Emer.

Is Bellafill a permanent filler for acne scars?

Bellafill can be used to improve acne scars.  There are certain types of acne scars that Bellafill is more appropriate for than others.  The result from Bellafill is not temporary, however, the face will continue to age, so changes can occur over time.  An examination would be needed to determine if you might be a good candidate for the treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon