Removing Sagging Skin After Weight Loss

Is the loose skin after losing weight tightened or excised by a plastic surgeon? Is it best to go to a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic surgeon to have this done?

Doctor Answers 1

Skin removal afetr weight loss

Great question!  The skin is removed and this is what tightens you.  Only, and I mean only, go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for this as a "cosmetic surgeon" has no formal board certified training to do this kind of surgery in most instances and there is a risk of dying from this kind of procedure.

Seattle Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 67 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.