Is it possible to remove my black and white tattoo? (Photo)

I loved my tattoo initially, but then it got messed up because I went swimming too soon after getting it. I tried having it fixed, but it only made it worse. Then, in a final attempt to fix it, I had white ink added on top of the black ink and I still hate it so much. The only parts I want removed and redone are the white leaves and the black shading. Can this be done? I'm sick to my stomach about it. Please help!

Tattoo Removal

The tattoo can be treated well with a q-switched laser.  The Picosure will work well but is much more expensive and not necessary. Best of luck and let me know how the treatment progresses.

Laser tattoo removal

The black portion of your tattoo can be removed with laser tattoo removal and in my opinion, this can be done with either a very good q-switched laser or the picosure laser. There will be a cost premium for the Picosure laser and personally, I am not sure that cost is worth any small benefit one would see over a Q switched laser. The Picosure does a better job for colors such as green or blue that are harder to treat, but black generally does well with Q-switched lasers. 

I think the white will be difficult no matter what laser is used, Picosure included.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Picosure Laser will remove your tattoo

Thank you for your question and picture. Your tattoo can be permanently removed with the new revolutionary Picosure Laser. My suggestion is to learn more about the Picosure while consulting with your doctor. You will need fewer treatments than normal to get rid of your tattoo. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD