Do I Need to Remove my Silicone Implants En Bloc After 6 Months?

I only had my implants for 6 months but I want to remove them. Do I need to do it "en bloc"? Is there a capsule that needs to be removed after only 6 months?

No, generally speaking, breast implants are in place for only six months do not require en bloc removal.

Generally speaking (in my opinion), unless the breast implant capsules have thickened (and/or are otherwise symptomatic), are associated with the ruptured silicone gel breast implants, or if the patient has concerns about "medical conditions" related to the breast implants, capsulectomy is not universally necessary. For these patients, en block removal of breast implants is a good procedure.

On the contrary, capsulectomy can expose patients to additional risks, such as bleeding, size loss, contour irregularities and other serious complications. In other words, any maneuver performed during surgery exposes patients to additional risk (morbidity). For example, attempting to remove very thin capsule densely adherent to the patient's rib cage may expose the patient to significant bleeding and/or entrance into the thoracic cavity.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Removal of silicone implants at 6 months takes about 10 minutes and the capsules will eventually disappear without removal.

I'm not sure why you would want removal of implants at 6 months.  Why did you have them inserted in the first place?  However, removal is easy.  No need to remove the capsule (which adds operating time and is more traumatic).  When the implant is out, the body will break down the capsule.

Breast implant removal

No. Although sometimes a complete capsule removal is indicated, ( very  thick, or calcified ) it is quite likley that you have no need for capsule removal. It would only make your surgery more involved.

Ernest D. Cronin, MD