What would be the best option for loose skin on my stomach? (Photo)

I have 2 kids and after my 2nd child my stomach seems to have gotten a lot more loose skin. Is the only option available a tummy tuck?

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

A tummy tuck can tighten loose abdominal skin

It appears as though you're a great candidate for a tummy tuck, but I would need to see you in person to give you an exact surgical plan.  However, I have done a ton of tummy tucks on patients with excess abdominal skin after childbirth (as you have) and the abdominal areas are smoother and tighter. 

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

You will benefit from a Tummy Tuck

Hi. From the views that you have provided, it looks like you will benefit from a tummy tuck but I will really appreciate if you can send me side views. It will help me advice so as to whether you will benefit from a full tummy tuck or if just a mini tummy tuck will suffice. 

Tummy tuck

You appear to have a significant amount of loose skin on your stomach. I think a full tummy tuck would be the most effective treatment for you.

Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty - Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck. A special kind I do is called a lateral tension abdominoplasty. I often combine this procedure with liposuction as it provides patients with a flat tummy and contoured waistline. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Excess skin after pregnancy

Thanks for posting your question and photographs.  The only way to address the loose skin is with a tummy tuck procedure to address the skin laxity.  A muscle repair can also be performed a the same time.  You appear to be a great candidate for this procedure and your should achieve a very good result.  Arrange a consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

What would be the best option for loose skin on my stomach?

After viewing your photos, you would be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck procedure.   This would include removing the excess skin on your abdominal wall and tightening the abdominal muscles to restore a flatter tighter abdomen.  

I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and expectations.

Tummy tuck

Tummy tuck for sure. You have too much loose skin and I also think that your muscles would benefit from being tightened. Figure on a two week recovery. Six weeks before exercise. Good luck.

Tummy tuck

Dear Bonita
  Thanks for submitting your pictures.
 From observing your pictures, you appear to have extreme skin and muscles laxity, which I don't believe that any respected board certified plastic surgeon will do on you anything less than full tummy tuck with muscles tightening. Anything less, will be a huge compromise that will leave you very unhappy and most likely will require the full procedure at a later stage which will cost you significantly more and involve 2 lengthy recoveries.
 Full tummy tuck will be one of the best investment in yourself. I addition to the flat stomach, tight and youthful skin and better posture , you will most likely lose significant amount of weight due to the muscles tightening that will reduce the amount of food that you can eat and sense of hunger. It will increase your self esteem, sense of femininity and will make shopping fun again...
 Before performing tummy tuck, tough,  your surgeon will have to examine your tummy carefully, in order to rule out Fibroids, that at times,  can be very large. If Fibroids are palpated, you will have to be referred to a gynecologist surgeon who will have to remove them first, so you will be able to get at a later stage(I do not recommend to combine the 2 procedures, for your safety) a perfectly flat stomach.
 You have to realize that not all result are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and safe outcome.
 So, do your due diligence carefully and choose wisely.
 Always, consult with with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly , check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive flat stomach, low scar and nice belly button.
                                      Dr Widder

Loose abdominal skin

Looking at your photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty . An abdominoplasty addresses both the excess skin and muscle looseness . Tighter skin and a flat abdomen are typically what a patient can expect . Seeking a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon  is your best option . 

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon