Will this redness on my tattoo removal go away?

I laser tattoo removal 8 months ago and the girl who did it obviously didn't know what she was doing. After the laser removal was done she used a refractor laser over it and my skin basically peeled away. Its still red now but looks better. If I rubbed the area it looks normal again. I'm assuming more blood flow. But once I stop it goes back to being red again

Tattoo removal

Without a photo it's a bit difficult to tell, but it sounds like neovascularization. This a big word for "new blood vessels." Essentially your body has developed an overabundance of blood vessels at the site of the laser treatment. Often this will require a different laser to treat (V-beam PDL). Good luck, Dr. M

Annapolis General Surgeon

Redness Removal

It's hard to answer this without a picture. It sounds like you sustained a burn. I recommend meeting with a cosmetic dermatologist to discuss scar treatment and any future laser tattoo removal treatments, if necessary. Best, Dr. Emer