I have 3 kids. I'm on my way to delivering a fourth. Do you think I would be able to have liposuction during c section? (Photo)

I have had 3 kids and am on my way with delivering a 4th. My typical body weight is 155 and I am 4 foot 9 I am considered obese. I have gone down to 146 after 2 of my pregnancies and yet my fat still hangs . I am well over 200 pounds now. Do you think the doctors would allow me to have a little liposuction during my c section?

Do you think I would be able to have liposuction during c section? #c-section #liposuction

Thank you for your question!  First off, your abdomen after a c-section will still be large due to the uterus being enlarged.  It takes time for everything to settle after being pregnant.  Second, a c-section potentially may release products that could contaminate the region liposuction would be focusing on.  So post procedure infection rates would be too high.  Third, your body mass index at 155 lbs is still 33.5 which is too high and too much risk for any elective procedure.  Especially being a new mom, this could put you in jeopardy for many health concerns.  Fourth, liposuction requires lidocaine as part of the tumescent solution we inject prior to performing any liposuction.  This is not advised if you would be breast feeding.  
The best approach for you would be a diet and exercise program to loose weight to get below a body mass index of 30.  This would probably result in significant loose skin and liposuction would not be the best option for you.  Rather, a potential body lift or tummy tuck would be the better approach.  In order to have a safe body mass index, you would need to be around 135 lbs.  
So to summarize, diet and exercise and weight reduction is your best option.  This would assure a much safer environment for you to be considered for an elective operative procedure.  I hope this helps!!

Liposuction with C- section?

I would advise against this for the reasons that 1) it would be unsafe and 2) may not be necessary.  Liposuction combined with pelvic surgery has some of the highest risks for a DVT and thromboembolism (which can be deadly).  If you combine that with being overweight (BMI greater than 25) and just being pregnant (these are 2 of the highest risk factors for getting a DVT), this would increase your risks even more.  Not a good idea and not worth risking your life.  Plus, you may be able to lose the weight on your own naturally after your pregnancy so it may not even be necessary.  Just plan on eating healthy and exercising first and see how you do.  Best wishes.

Wait at least 6 months after C-section before having liposuction.

The idea of killing two birds with one stone is understandably attractive, but this is simply not a good idea for a multitude of reasons. From a safety standpoint, it’s not medically sound to perform plastic surgery during a time where the focus of the medical professionals caring for you should be on the health and safety of you and your child. Additionally, you will need to reach a stable weight within the normal BMI range before being considered a good candidate for liposuction. Focus on your pregnancy and your baby right now and reevaluate your cosmetic concerns down the road. 

Liposuction during c section

I would not recommend having liposuction at the time of your C-Section for multiple reasons.  Since you will loose weight and change shape after delivery, you should wait at least 6 months before having Liposuction.

Fred Suess, MD

#Liposuction /#Liposculpture /#Vaser/ #Hi Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.
Best to wait 6 months to 1 year after you finish breast feeding, prior to undergoing elective surgery.  This will give you time to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight and also time for your body to recover and heal.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Absolutely NOT

Liposuction is a purely elective procedure and should never be combined with an obstetric delivery. Wait at least 6 months after delivery and weight loss to discuss your options and to crate a plan. 
DrBurnett#realself100

Liposuction during C-section?

From a safety standpoint, a liposuction procedure at the time of your C-section is not a good idea and I would strongly suggest against combining the two procedures.  Also, with your weight over 200 lbs. this would also add another risk.  Wait until several months after you have had your baby and gotten the excess weight off before considering any cosmetic surgery.  At that time, the procedure will carry significantly less risk and you will have a better overall result.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction During Cesarian Section -- WAIT

Liposuction immediately after a c-section is highly unlikely, and unsafe for various reasons. I suggest after delivery, dieting and exercising to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight. After your body has healed from delivery, see a board certified cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon for a liposuction consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

C Section and Liposuction

Likely you are going to be so busy that the idea of getting everything done at once makes sense to you. However, this would never be a good option for safety reasons. Focus on you kids and your health and revisit your options once you have completed your family.Liposuction should be used only for those resistant areas of stubborn surface fat that have not improved once you achieve your stable and healthy weight.
Best regards,Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Do you think I would be able to have liposuction during c section?

I'm sure, on the surface, that sounds like a good idea, but I cannot imagine any good surgeon considering that. There are so many reasons not to do that, they are too many to list. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD