Is Reduction an Option?

I am 15 years old. I recently just got my breasts measured & they are 36 DDD. They cause me depression & back problem. I'm very unhappy with my breasts.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

Sounds like a breast reduction will help treat your symptoms and improve body image, you should ask your parents to see a loacl board certified surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Breast reduction for teenagers

Teenagers certainly can have breast reduction surgery and it sounds like you would be a candidate for it. You need to understand what the consequences of the surgery are (scars that are permanent and not being able to breast feed among others) and it is advisable that your breasts have stopped growing. You are also too young to sign consents yourself so your parents need to be on board too. Get your parents to set up a consultation for you with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and take one or both of them with you to the consultation. The surgeon will be able to answer your questions and determine if you are a candidate for this surgery. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD (retired)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction for teenagers

Margaret Skiles, MD (retired)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

At agr 15 you won't be able to make an independent decision on your breast size. Discuss this with your parents, or wait until you are 18.

Reduction with DD breasts

If you feel that your breasts are too large and they are causing you problems then you would need your parents' permission to be seen in consultation for a possible reduction.

Reduction with DD breasts

Candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery

From what you describe; breast reduction surgery would be an option for you.  You and your parents (or legal guardian)  should schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  If you need a board certified plastic surgeon, contact the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and use the doc-finder.  After complete history and physical examination, your plastic surgeon will advise if you are a candidate at this point in time.

Good luck.

Candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery

Good luck.

Is Reduction an Option?

Yes, surgery is definitely an option for you. I have done many breast reductions on teenagers over the years, but I have two requirements. The first is that your parents are on board and the second is that there has been no breast growth for over 12 months.

Is Reduction an Option?

Can A 15 yo Have A Breast Reduction?

Dear Anonymous1997,

It sounds like you have a condition called juvenile hypertrophy of the breasts. This is not uncommon and surgery is an option for you. Please seek consultation with a BCPS in the Twin Cities. Be sure to have your parents with you. Good luck.

Dr. G.

Can A 15 yo Have A Breast Reduction?

Dear Anonymous1997,

Dr. G.

Breast reduction

Yes, a breast reduction is an option. I would recommend you get a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon and you and your parents discuss things with them. Do your research for someone qualified in your area.

Breast reduction

Is Breast Reduction an Option in a 15 yo. with Juvenile Hypertrophy of the Breasts?

Yes, it potentially is an option. I'd recommend you see a very well qualified surgeon in your area to examine you and address all your questions and concerns.

Best of luck to you.

David L. Cangello, MD, FACS

Best of luck to you.

David L. Cangello, MD, FACS