What procedures can be done to improve my nose? (18, Asian Female) (photos)
Doctor Answers 7
Reshaping the nose during Asian rhinoplasty does require a great deal of technical expertise, but is something that is done frequently by a rhinoplasty specialist experienced with Asian noses. Based on your photos you will be able to achieve the changes you seek by using grafts from your own body (rib cartilage, fascia) to augment your bridge, refine your tip, and reduce the size of your ala.
The procedure is recommended as follows ;
1. reduce the nostrils
2. reduce the lower lateral cartilages for narrowing the tip
3. rotate head-wise and gather the remnat low lateral cartilages for slimming and shortening.
You don't have to use silicone, no need to touch the bone.
The cartilages, the dermis are more important for asian nose.
Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Planning a rhinplasty for a young Asian woman
- Your photos suggest that your best first step would be narrowing of the nostrils and perhaps more definition of the tip.
- Whether or not the bridge should be higher isn't clear - your profile suggests the nostril work may be all you need.
- At your consultation, bring in a front/profile view of Kate MIddleton - no one can have her nose but it will help as you discuss your photos with your surgeon to plan proportions and details.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
You might also like...
Improve My Asian Nose
Closed Rhinoplasty, some advices:
The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.
In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-
Asian Rhinoplasty without synthetic implants
It is perfectly fine to not know exactly what you want for your nose. You seem to have a general idea. With high resolution photographs and computer software, a surgeon can demonstrate potential outcomes for you. There is 3D technology available, so you can see what your nose will look like from all angles.
You're right. Kate Middleton's nose would not be appropriate for your face; however, you can still achieve the appearance of a slimmer and more feminine nose. This can be attained without breaking the nasal bones and without synthetic implants. I use cartilage harvested from the rib, taken from a small incision under the right breast.
Asian rhinoplasty is very different from other types of rhinoplasty. I recommend consulting with a specialist trained in facial plastic or general plastic surgery to help you reach your goals safely.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.