What procedures can be done to improve my nose? (18, Asian Female) (photos)

My nose is quite wide and flat, especially when I smile. It seems to swallow up my face. I'd like it to be slimmer and more feminine, but I don't have an exact image of what I want. Kate Middleton's nose comes to mind, but I'm almost certain that it won't fit in with my face. In general, I'm just not sure what will work with my features. I'd prefer minimally invasive procedures (really don't want to break any nasal bones) and no synthetic implants, but I'm aware that may not always be possible

Asian Rhinoplasty

You are a good candidate for Asian rhinoplasty. It will definitely improve the concerns you listed. 
Reshaping the nose during Asian rhinoplasty does require a great deal of technical expertise, but is something that is done frequently by a rhinoplasty specialist experienced with Asian noses. Based on your photos you will be able to achieve the changes you seek by using grafts from your own body (rib cartilage, fascia) to augment your bridge, refine your tip, and reduce the size of your ala.

Improve nose

Thanks for your question.

The procedure is recommended as follows ;

1. reduce the nostrils
2. reduce the lower lateral cartilages for narrowing the tip
3. rotate head-wise and gather the remnat low lateral cartilages for slimming and shortening.

You don't have to use silicone, no need to touch the bone.
The cartilages, the dermis are more important for asian nose.

Good luck and have a wonderful day.

Joo Hyuk Lee, MD
South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Planning a rhinplasty for a young Asian woman

Thank you for asking about your rhinoplasty.

• Your photos suggest that your best first step would be narrowing of the nostrils and perhaps more definition of the tip.
  • Whether or not the bridge should be higher isn't clear - your profile suggests the nostril work may be all you need.
  • At your consultation, bring in a front/profile view of Kate MIddleton - no one can have her nose but it will help as you discuss your photos with your surgeon to plan proportions and details.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Asian rhinoplasty

You are right that a beautiful nose may look good on someone, but could look fake on others.  Simply put, rhinoplasty is all about creating results that look consistent with your ethnicity, gender, facial features, and anatomies. 

It appears that you will benefit from tip and nasal base reduction.  And if you have some aversion to syntethic implants, you might be a good candidate for autologous grafts (using your own tissue from the nose, rib, bowl of the ear, etc).

The first step to achieve ethnically consistent results is to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of ethnic rhinoplasty and has impressive before-and-after photos showing his eye for details.  To further allay your concern, ask for 3D computer imaging, a technology that allows you to preview the likely results of your surgery. 

For photo reference, you may want to visit the link below.  I hope that helps and good luck. 

Improve My Asian Nose

A tip reduction and narrowing your wide nasal base will give you the look hat you describe. It will not be necessary to narrow you mid-vault or bridge  so you can avoid  breaking your nasal bones. Also consider a chin implant which would improve definition and facial proportions.

Closed Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty without synthetic implants

As an Asian person, I completely understand your perspective. And as surgeon specializing in Asian rhinoplasty, I believe you have a very mature attitude about addressing your nose. 

It is perfectly fine to not know exactly what you want for your nose. You seem to have a general idea. With high resolution photographs and computer software, a surgeon can demonstrate potential outcomes for you. There is 3D technology available, so you can see what your nose will look like from all angles. 

You're right. Kate Middleton's nose would not be appropriate for your face; however, you can still achieve the appearance of a slimmer and more feminine nose. This can be attained without breaking the nasal bones and without synthetic implants. I use cartilage harvested from the rib, taken from a small incision under the right breast. 

Asian rhinoplasty is very different from other types of rhinoplasty. I recommend consulting with a specialist trained in facial plastic or general plastic surgery to help you reach your goals safely. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and photos and at a conusltation aided by digital photography and your input, you will be ble to see what changes are possible with your nose so you are fully informed prior to going to the operating room.  So see some experts in your area that use this technique.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD