My nose is crooked after silicone implant.

Today was my 8 days since the surgery , my left face is kindy swelling and i look at my face and my nose is kindy crooked, i dont know why. I try to massage so the swelling goes down but im scared, my surgeon said its ok to gently massage mynose, i already told him that i think my nose crooked but he ans. No it's not..it's just swelling that's why..

Recovering from rhinoplasty: evaluating your silicone implant

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is waiting for swelling to go down. 

The majority of the swelling goes down in the first 6-8 weeks. Then a slow progression over 6-9 months. At a year you may be close, but the nose is known to continue to refine over years. Swelling can amplify the shape of your implant. Swelling also commonly goes down first on one side and then the other. The tip is the last area. It's important to monitor your implant for infection. Swelling with redness or drainage are signs of infection. This may occur while you heal or years laters, so you need to be aware. Safety comes first. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Why silicone implant?

Why would you have a silicone implant placed when we have the ability to use organ donated rib grafts; silicone implant are fraught with complications that are unnecessary with the advent of rib graft. You need to provide us a photograph so we can provide you more accurate advice on your crookedness.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Rhinoplasty

8 days after surgery is too early to make any determination regarding asymmetries or "crookedness".

Your nose is still very swollen at this point.  Swelling is always asymmetrical and always goes away asymmetrically thus the nose can appear crooked or deviated as you recover.

I encourage you to listen to your surgeon's reassurances at this point and for the next few months as it is very likely that this issue will resolve.

Regards,

J. Phillip Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon