Gyno surgery. Why is my nipple indented and skin puffy underneath on one side and the other looks swollen. (photos)

I had my gyno surgery done about 4 years ago, it seems as though my breast has never healed, I have no idea what's wrong. It affects my life and self-confidence. Doctor preformed lipo and tissue removal along with my tummy tuck surgery. My breast were done a second time, he was unhappy with first results. Please let me know whats wrong with them, and if theirs any way my situation can be fixed eathier by myself (massage) or by a surgon. Also, I feel as if my breast are low/sagging please help

Skin Sagging After Gynecomastia Surgery?

You stated that you had a Tummy Tuck which would imply that you are someone who had major weight loss resulting in severe skin excess. The difficulty in doing traditional gynecomastia surgery (liposuction +/- gland excision) is that if your skin is already lax, and removing fat (liposuction) will only worsen the laxity or sagging. The surgery that is needed to correct the sagging is a male breast lift. Unfortunately this requires additional scars on you chest which are not always well accepted. 

Concerned about Indentation Years After Gynocomastia Surgery

If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Gyno surgery. Why is my nipple indented and skin puffy underneath on one side and the other looks swollen.

There are multiple reasons why the skin has not redraped properly and the chest has a "crater" appearance. Seek a plastic surgeon with extensive training in male breast reduction, who as great photos, and is an expert in the field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon