Can you help me find a dr to expel the saline from my implants?

I'm in my 50s and last year had an uterine ablation and my hormones have been crazy! I'm 5 feet tall and have breast implants & my breast that now have gone from a small c to a double d, it's super uncomfortable and I'm about a year out from taking time off for surgery. I want to get the saline expelled and give my body time to regulate then get them removed at a later date. How do I find a physickian to help me. I am ready asap!

Any surgeon can deflate your implants

but in doing so, you are voiding your warranty.  This simple in-office procedure will allow your breasts to shrink down over time and diminish the size of the pocket.  If the implant shell become palpable, you should have it removed then.  Charges should be minimal so check around before you schedule your appointment.  No special tools... just some antiseptic, a 60 cc syringe with 3 way stopcock and a big needle and about 10 minutes of time.

Saline implant removal

Saline implants have a valve on the surface.  You could get a periareolar incision and have a PS insert the tube into the valve to take out some saline or you could completely remove the implants.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Deflation vs Removal

As long as they are truly saline implants, they can easily be deflated in the office under local anesthesia without the need for sedation.  Another option would be to remove the implants completely and be done with it.  It's usually a very short procedure and not associated with much recovery at all.   Maybe I'll see you soon.  :)

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Deflating Saline Implants

Saline implants can be deflated in the office with a simple technique. They will have to be removed at some point. The issue is whether they should be removed completely or if you would still want an implant just smaller. The deflation will help clarify that for you but I would not wait a year to make the decision. This will allow the possibility of contraction in the space which would then require a more involved procedure if you elect to replace the device.
It is also a simple procedure to remove the implant if you are sure that it what you want.Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to review the risks and benefits to each choice.Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

You can have them needle aspirated

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with macromastia. You could consider just having the fluid aspirated from the implants in the office. This will give your breasts time to tighten some. The only downside to having the deflated saline implants in is there sometimes is a "crunchy" feeling and rarely a hard corner of a folded implant can create a sharp edge and lead to a skin perforation. You might still want a lift or small reduction later, but you could wait. Alternatively, you could have them quickly removed with local/ IV anesthesia and a rapid recovery, and plan for a later lift/reduction if you still need it.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Saline implants

Actually,if you are sure you want implants removed it's very simple to have done.  It can be done Nader local anesthesia in less than one hour.  On the other hand, simply deflating the implants with a needle can also be performed first.  

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

In office deflation of your saline filled implants may be a reasonable option for you. Most patients who have this procedure done in the office do well, without significant discomfort. Some, do have discomfort related to the edges of the empty  breast implants shells ( irritating the under surface of the breast skin/tissues).  
 The procedure will allow your breast skin to gradually retract back giving yourself and your plastic surgeon a better idea of your breasts' “starting point”;  this will allow for more precise measurements and planning of your breast lifting/augmentation surgery down the line.
I would suggest starting with your country's Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the relevant Board of Plastic Surgery.
I hope this, and the attached link ( dedicated to breast implant removal concerns) helps.