Help! I carried something that was 15 lbs and I'm nervous I caused damage to my 5 day old breasts!

I am 5 days PO, and I accidentally got handed a 15 lb platter to carry to our work kitchen. I carried it for 15 secs, but I immediately felt my breasts cringing. It's been 3 hours since then, and my breasts feel tighter, heavier, and more painful than before the incident. Is it possible that I caused a hematoma or capsular contracture? They look the same as before, but they don't feel the same. Can I do something to aid the situation? Please help! (submuscular placement, silicone, 350 and 371cc)

Carrying something heavy after breast augmentation

First off, I highly doubt you can do any damage carrying something 15 pounds for 15 sec. When you carry stuff, you aren't isolating the pectoralis major muscle which is where your implant in under. The main reason I limit heavy lifting after under the muscle breast augmentation is that the muscle really only covers the upper inner half of the implant. If you allow the muscle to squeeze too much before the capsule is all set, that implant can displace outward and lower. 
So, if it looks no different to you, I would rest assured that it is just a little soreness from muscle strain. 
Contact your surgeon and see if he/she is ok with you taking an NSAID or muscle relaxant to relieve the spasms temporarily. 

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Probably fine

Yes, you probably put strain on your muscle, but your implant should be fine. Regardless, I always think it best to err on the side of caution so I would advise you to schedule an appointment to see your surgeon, especially if the pain doesn't diminish on its own. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

5 Days post op

It sounds like you are being careful overall and you did not likely do any damage however follow up with your Plastic Surgeon's office and if you note new swelling or bruising, etc. schedule a follow up to be examined. All the best

Pulled something after breast augmentation

If you think that your breasts feel different, you should contact your surgeon. If they look good, you will likely be fine.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

No worries

you aggravated the healing process, most likely, leading to a little more inflammation, but it does not sound like you caused any permanent problems--you would have noticed some significant swelling, bruising had you caused a hematoma

check with your PS, should you have any concerns

best

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Heavy lifting post op

For such a short amount of time, you may not have done any damage but it's best to seek a follow up appointment with your surgeon just to be on the safe side. Good luck and congratulations on your recent surgery!

Ice it

Most likely you have caused no harm.  I would suggest a call to your surgeons office to make sure.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS