6 Months Post Lipo to Inner and Outer Thighs: Can I Have a Revision?

It has been 6 months since I had my inner, outer thighs liposuction, however I am left with on thigh bigger than the other & it's really annoying ! I have one leg always feeling heavy during my workouts & would like to have my right thighs redone ? Is it safe to go for it now or should I wait for more time to pass ?

Hidef Liposuction Revision expert in Los Angeles

If you are unhappy with your results, you may benefit from Hidef liposuction revision that includes fibrous release, fat grafting, liposculpture, lipocavitation, and Exilis tissue sculpting. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Revision after 6 months

Typically it is best for patients to wait 6 months before a revision. At this point consult with your surgeon to find out if this is the best procedure for you. A revision will help to better contour your body, best of luck to you!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Revision liposuction timing

I typically tell patients that they need to wait at least 6 months before considering repeat liposuction. So you are right at the time when I think that it would be appropriate. If you still seem to be swollen, sore, or by any means not feeling "back to normal", then I would wait a bit more. From a safety standpoint, you should be fine.

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Six months is about the earliest revisions after liposuction are performed

Six months is about the earliest a revision from liposuction would be performed. If there is persistent swelling it would be advisable to wait a little bit longer.

A revision at 6 months is appropriate.

Try to research this to find the surgeon who consistently produces the results you would expect. Look at reviews on this site and see who gets the surgery right every time.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Revision at 6 months

Six months is a perfectly reasonable amount of time to wait before revising a liposuctioned area.  If it is a small area, revision can be done under local.
I would recommend your initial surgeon if you feel like a good job was done but if not, make certain that your surgeon is board certified in plastic surgery and that he or she is comfortable with revision liposuction on the phone before your consult.  
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon