Should I do another round of laser hair removal If it didn't work the first time?

After 6 sessions I thought the laser has finally worked. The few hairs that grew back were fine and minimal and I was happy with the result. After a couple of months of shaving I noticed hair has become coarse, more abundant again and I needed to shave more often

#LaserHairRemoval treatments should be limited, and hair should not grow back thicker after time has passed

Dear Marian1415:

Laser hair removal should provide permanent and significant reduction in the number of hairs in the treated areas within three to six treatments.  If this is not happening, it is usually because the treatment parameters with the first treatment were not powerful enough to kill the hairs but just enough to stun them, causing them to grow back slowly and, for a little while, finer. 

For a more detailed explanation of this, see below.

All the best,   Dr. Clark

Laser hair reduction

It is likely you may need several more treatments. I recommend you work with an experienced laser physician for the best results.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Laser Hair Removal maintenance

In our practice, we generally will suggest that a maintenance treatment be done every three to six months to maintain the results you achieved in your initial package. I always like to make sure to note that Laser Hair Removal is permanent reduction of hair not permanent removal of hair.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Best Hair Removal--Laser Hair Removal--Takes a Series of Treatments--SHR

Laser hair removal can require several sessions. SHR uses light and movement to remove hairs and can give a good result. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Laser hair removal not as effective as I want

It is possible that you just need more treatments. It won't remove all the hair, just about 75%. Further treatments should give better results. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Laser Hair and Re-Growth

It is possible that you have a hormonal imbalance which is making the hairs grow back or you had the wrong laser used for your skin type.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in laser hair removal.  Best, Dr. Green