Hot water on hands & thighs; how do I slim the chance for it to scar & if it does scar, how can I reduce it? (Photos)

Hello, yesterday I got a 2nd degree burn because I accidentally pour hot water onto my hands and thigh. I am wondering how do I slim the chance for it to scar and if it does scar, how can I reduce the scar?

Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase creams

I would begin twice daily application of Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase creams to help prevent pigmentation of the scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Scarring -- Fraxel/Microneedling, Sculptra/Fat/Bellafill, Subcision, Pulsed Dye Laser; Medical Tattooing

Lasers, surgery, microneedling, and tattooing have all been used to improve scars. Silicone based scar gels with growth factors are best --- dermaflage, bioshield. In the meantime, I suggest you see a dermatologist for appropriate would care and to prevent hyperpigmentation.  Best, Dr. Emer