What would you recommend to make my nose thinner? (photo)

For as long as I can remember my family has teased me about my nose. It's the Italian, wide, and long nose. Ive wanted to get something done about it but dont know what type of rhinoplasty i should be considering. The pictures of me with makeup are me trying to slim it down with make up and the picture of me with the mickey gloves is make up free

My Goal is a Thinner Nose

You can thin your nose, define your tip, and shorten your nose to achieve a more feminine appearance and make your nose more proportional to your surrounding facial features. Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist who devotes most of their practice to this surgery so you get the natural result you desire. You definitely have a talent for make up but it would be nice to avoid this every day.

What would you recommend to make my nose thinner?

Hi and thanks for your question. You appear to be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty, an operation I have been doing for about 30 years! It would be great to see a profile photo to make a more accurate assessment of your aesthetic needs. It does appear that you have a somewhat bulbous nasal tip and small nasal hump. The operative technique is something that is best discussed at a personal consultation with your plastic surgeon. Make sure your surgeon is very experienced in rhinoplasty as it is one of the most challenging aesthetic procedures in plastic surgery. I would recommend a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Please see the website below for further information and best of luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your photos. It is important that you undergo rhinoplasty to achieve that nose and look that YOU like. If you feel that the base and/or tip of your nose appears wide and frequently using contour to increased the definition of the lines of your nose, you may benefit from a rhinoplasty where the nasal bones are brought closer together and your tip cartilage is reshaped into a more elegant and defined tip. It is important to have an in-office examination both inside and outside your nose to determine the exact step-by-step treatment plan to achieve the changes you are looking for. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish and narrowing the wide bridge line and shaving down the dorsal hump. The nose can also shortened as well with all the  Incisions placed on the side of the nose, also known as a closed rhinoplasty approach. Osteotomy placed in the nasal accomplished narrowing them and  the bridge line. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Hello, Thank you for your questions and photos. I would suggest booking a consultation with a Board Certified Surgeon who specializes in Rhinoplasty. You can look for a Doctor who has performed the type of Rhinoplasty you are considering. You are a great candidate and we wish you the best of luck!

Thanks.

Peter Newen, MD

Rhinoplasty

You need your nose reduced in all its dimensions.  That means refining the tip, reducing the the bridge, and narrowing the nose as well.  You should go on a few consults with surgeons known for their rhinoplasty work and get a few opinions.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed. Based on your photographs, it appears you have a wide bridge, a slight dorsal hump and your tip is enlarged. I believe you would benefit from a rhinoplasty to thin out the bridge of the nose, a hump reduction by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump and a tip rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the tip of your nose. This includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and proportional to the rest of your face. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

I think that those aspects that bother you can be addressed with a closed rhinoplasty.  

Scarless Rhinoplasty is absolutely the answer.

Scarless Rhinoplasty is absolutely the answer.   This is the approach all celebrities, models and actresses take because there is no external cuts or scarring.  The goal is to refine the nose, not drastically change the nose.  By doing subtle refinements we are able to finesse the sculpt the nose to match your face perfectly.  We can permanently contour your nose!  By doing this via a scarless (closed) approach, there are no external cuts ever on your nose.  This prevents the dreaded complication of external scarring at the base of the nose, which even if rare, if it occurs, is devastating.  Through a scarless approach you can accomplish almost everything needed to be done to the nose with no scarring, less healing time, less bruising, and less swelling.     

For your nose we would do contouring of the nasal bones to bring them in as well as refining the bridge and the tip just a touch to refine the entire nose.  

Do consult a board certified plastic surgeon who performscarless rhinoplasty as 100% of his/her surgical practice and does hundreds of these procedures a year.  

All the best!

Deepak Dugar, MD
Scarless Rhinoplasty Expert
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive appearance.

yes, you can have a nose  that is more feminine and attractive.   See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses and can straighten your nose, narrow your nose, refine your tip etc.  Choose a surgeon who does natural noses and not the overdone look. Do not rely on imaging but rather results.