Why is there a bigger lump on my nose than before surgery? (photos)

I had a septorhinoplasty recently and when they took the cast off he cut a stitch on the top of my nose which has left a small hole. Why was there a stitch there and will the hole go away? I also had a lump rasped down but it seems worse than before - why?

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Lump on Nose

After rhinoplasty, it's common to have swelling.  It can take months (even a year or more) for that swelling to go away and for you to see the final shape of your nose.  Regarding the stitch, I recommend asking your doctor why the stitch was there (if it was holding a graft in place, for instance), and what can be done about the hole.

Dr. Michael Epstein

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL