Juvederm gone down to much ??

I had 0.5ml just on my top lip I was really pleased with the result straight after I loved em till Friday they started going down now today it doesn't look much different to before why might that be?? Did I have really short amount?? Should I consider 1ml next just scared in case that's to much

Juvederm and Lips

It sounds like you just need more product to have the desired effect.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is proficient with these injections for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Filler

I can definitely see in difference between your before and after in your top lip. I guess it all comes down to personal preference as to how big or natural you want your lips to be. It also depends on what type of Juvederm they used as to the particle size as well. It will typically swell almost immediately and lasts several days. Juvederm comes in a 1.0 ML syringe and although it seems like a lot when you look at the tube and think about all of that going into your lips, it really does not go very far. Also keep in mind that when you hear that fillers last years, that is also not always the case. Juvederm, or any other HA filler in the mouth area will break down usually within 6 months due to normal mouth movements such as eating, talking, kissing etc.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Lip Swelling After Fillers

Thank you for your question regarding lip fillers. The lips typically swell for several days after injection and then settle down. If you like how your lips look when they are 'swollen', then you probably need more filler! 
Please discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Swelling after Juvederm treatment

This is a common concern of patients undergoing lip enhancement with filler. The lips always become swollen after treatment, and this tends to subside fairly rapidly. As a result, patients sometimes even assume that the filler has gone away. My advice would be to return to your doctor and discuss your concerns. Since you were happy with the lips when they were swollen, it is quite possible that you will be happy with more filler treatment. 

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon