Can a facelift be performed after having a "life style lift" procedure?

life style lift performed 7 years ago

OK to have another facelift after lifestyle lift

Lifestyle lift primarily deals with looseness of the skin and often very little work is done in the SMAS layer.  Revision facelifts would lift and reposition the skin as needed, in addition, to provide a long lasting result, the underlying fascia called the SMAS layer should be addressed as well.  

Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, it is fine to have a facelift 7 years after a “lifestyle lift.”

Yes, it is fine to have a facelift 7 years after a “lifestyle lift.”No cosmetic procedure is permanent, as aging and gravity continue to take their toll even after the best facelift results. Because of this, it is not uncommon for patients to seek out a second facelift years after their first procedure. This time, I recommend that you visit a board certified facial plastic surgeon who will evaluate you and come up with a custom facelift plan, instead of having a one-size-fits-all procedure such as the “Lifestyle Lift.”

A Facelift Offers Improved Results Over Lifestyle Lift

Yes, you can certainly undergo a facelift after having a Lifestyle Lift 7 years ago. That procedure was a type of mini-facelift with results that were generally less effective than a facelift. It promised a shorter recovery time, but the tradeoff was getting results that didn't last as long. Even though facelift techniques vary, when performed by an experienced plastic surgeon, a facelift actually lifts and tightens the underlying tissues and muscles. The structures are repositioned to produce results that look natural, rather than simply stretching the skin. Fat grafting is often a consideration for my Toronto patients when undergoing a facial surgery. Thanks for your question, and best of luck in selecting a facial plastic surgery specialist.

Marc DuPere, MD

Can I have a second facelift?

Thank you for a great question and for sharing your experience.  A facelift can certainly be performed after a prior facelift procedure, especially since a significant amount of time has passed.
I hope you find this helpful. Best wishes!

Consult with a Board Certified Fellowship Trained Facial Plastic Surgery Specialist.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Secondary facelift

Thank you for your question. The second facelift in common to do many years after the first procedure.  The reason being, is that the aging process does not stop after the first procedure.  It will be more scar tissue to address, however the second procedure can be done very safely in most instances.  I would visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area can help you address your concerns more detail and develop a surgical plan that is well-suited for you. 

Secondary facelift

The short answer is that secondary facelifts such as after a lifestyle lift are commonly performed. A LiteLift and other mini facelifts often are excellent "refreshers" to rejuvenate you once more. See the below links for more information:
#faceliftredo
#secondaryfacelift

Facelift after Life Style Lift

Unfortunately, you are in a very common situation.  Life Style Lifts no longer exist, and the company has filed for bankruptcy.  This should give you an indication of the success of these procedures.  Fortunately, true facelifting procedures can be very effective for facial rejuvenation even after a LSL.  I would seek out a BCPS with significant facelifting experience, as the procedure is more complicated after previous surgery.  Best of luck.

Revision Facelift Common After Lifestyle Lift

Hi psalm1393. A secondary facelift can absolutely be performed after a Lifestyle Lift, and 7 years should be ample time between procedures. In general, it's not uncommon for patients to pursue secondary facelift surgery about a decade after the original surgery if they wish to maintain their results. And because Lifestyle Lifts typically address only the skin and not the lower structures of the face, results don't last as long as with some other approaches. As always, be sure you speak to a board-certified plastic surgeon in person to determine what approach is best for you at this point. Your surgeon will likely want to treat some of the deeper layers of your facial skin and muscles for a longer-lasting result. Good luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Can facelift be performed after Lifestyle lift?

Hard to tell without photos but usually yes, dependig on many details, if you can send some photos we will be glad to offer a virtual consultation.  7 years sounds like a good time to do this depending on your age of course, thank you.  Always us a board certified cosmetic surgeon specialist.

Facelift

The lifestyle lift is not a particular kind of lift must a way to market mini-lifting to the community.  It is no problem to pursue a facelift after a prior lifestyle lift.