Can anything be done to make eyebrows even? (photos)

My daughter is beautiful, but her right eyebrow is higher than het left and it bothers her. Would Botox be helpful, or would she have to have surgery?

Botox can be a god-send when uneven eyebrows affect your appearance.

Botox is so easy to undergo and really can even out eyebrows when your appearance affects how you see yourself and how others see you.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Uneven eyebrows

yes botox can be used to help this and should be done by an expert who is good at facial sculpting and asymmetries.  Best, dr. Emer.

How to fix eyebrow asymmetry

Hi cmcbryde, your daughter appears to have a significant asymmetry in her brow with the right brow being significantly higher than the left brow. I wonder if she is doing this to compensate for a droopy eyelid (ptosis) on the right. I would follow up with an experienced oculoplastic surgeon who can give you options.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for uneven eyebrows

Uneven eyebrows can be caused by a few different factors.  It is imperative that the doctor can properly diagnose what causes uneven look prior to any treatment. In some patients Botox can achieve some degree of eyebrow symmetry.  From your limited photos it appears that your daughter has ptosis, "droopy eyelid" which could require appropriate eyelid surgery.  Seek out an experienced oculoplastic surgeon for an in person evaluation. 

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow asymmetry from underlying eyelid ptosis

Your right eyebrow is higher likely because it is trying to lift a droopy right upper eyelid (ptosis) so the treatment would be right upper eyelid ptosis surgery. Best to see an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyebrow asymmetry

It is very common to have slight differences in eyebrow levels, especially as we age.  With younger patients or in cases of gross eyebrow asymmetry, it is often helpful to elucidate why the brows are different. 

Neuromodulators like Botox can be used to improve asymmetric brows both by lifting the depressed brow or by dropping the elevated brow. 

For more mature patients, or in cases of drastic asymmetry, minimally invasive surgical techniques can be used to gain excellent results.

To ensure you are receiving the highest level of care, seek out a modernly trained, new-school dermatologic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is board certified and fellowship trained in one of these "core four" cosmetic specialties.

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for eyebrow symmetry

Hi there,

Botox can be used for eyebrow symmetry.
If injected on the right forehead it can bring the right brow down. The left brow can also be lifted slightly by injecting on the brow depressors.

Mild asymmetries in the brows are common. In the photo, it looks like the right brow is much higher than the left. Was your daughter exaggerating the difference for the photo? An exam in person would help make sure the brow elevation is not masking a droopy eyelid (medical term ptosis) that would need different treatment. 

Hope this helps!

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrows and uneven

I often inject "baby Botox" into this area to make the eyes look more even.  I would definitely avoid surgery.  Please consult an experienced board certified dermatologist to take your daughter to.  Best, Dr. Green

Can anything be done to make eyebrows even?

Hello Cmcbryde,

The first step would be to figure out why the right eyebrow is higher than the left.  It is very common for there to be a slight difference in the two sides, but not usually to this extent.  If she is raising her right eyebrow because the right eyelid is heavy, then Botox would not be the treatment.  If it is just her normal expression pattern to raise the right eyebrow, Botox would be helpful over the right brow.  If it is more that the left brow is falling down for some reason, then surgery may be of more benefit. 

I would recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.  This way you can learn about the surgical options, if needed, and what you can expect to accomplish with Botox. 

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon