Can rhinoplasty fix my uneven nostrils and make my nose smaller?

I've been doing rhinoplasty research for years but never could find an answer to this question. Typically when a person gets a nose job it's focused towards one thing (bridge, nostrils, reducing the size, etc.) but my nose has uneven nostrils and is large/pointy. Would I be able to get a nose job to fix all of those things?

Photos for advices

Thanks for the question. I recommend you to send your photos to give you the advices you want and need.Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

If the nostrils are asymmetric, sometimes alarplasty can better balance them. A nose can also be made smaller with rhinoplasty.

Without posted photos and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. Generally speaking, Rhinoplasty in the right hands should address your concerns. But in person exam is essential.

Hello and thank you for your question. Rhinoplasty can alter the nostril shape and make your nose less projected if the appropriate techniques are performed.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Uneven Nostrils

Pictures sure would help answer your question. The general answer would be yes, there are ways to address uneven nostrils, which can occur for a variety of reasons. A pointy tip can be as problematic as a very wide tip, and can also be changed for aesthetic purposes. It is always best to have a personal consultation so we can really see what your specific findings are and make an informed recommendation.

Ira D. Papel, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon