18 year old female. I have really bad eye bags. I'm wondering if a disease can cause this? It seems to be getting worse.

My mother has really bad eye bags too but I think it's from a lack of sleep and depression. I have 9 people in my family and NOBODY has this problem except for me and none of my cousin's have bags either. I don't know why and it's really frustrating because I always look tired. I get approx 7-10 hrs of sleep a night. Can there be a disease that causes this or an illness? Or maybe a lack of a nutrient. .My grandma had stomach cancer and before we knew, I used to eat her leftovers at a young age.

Lower Lid Bags

Hi nylakenkins, Thanks for your question. If your mother had bad lower lid bags, it's entirely possible that you may have an inherited form even if the rest of your immediate family does not. Lower lid bags can be made worse by thyroid eye disease. However, without any photos, it is hard to give you any recommendations or advice about the causes and treatments of your lower eyelid issues. I would recommend an in-person evaluation with a skilled oculoplastic surgeon in your area. Good luck!

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

Please post photos for further evaluation. The eyes are best treated with a combination approach of fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP for improvement. Ultherapy/thermage, venus legacy all do well for swelling or puffiness. I would suggest consulting an expert. If surgery is an option they will recommend. Best, Dr. Emer