Lipo Recovery and Results for Small Trouble Areas?

I am currently 5'6" and 125lb female. I just have a small amount of fat around my belly buttom area and a slight buldge in the outer thight. I workout faithfully a minimum of 3 x a week. Does lipo work well with just a small amount of fat and if so is the recovery worse or better?

Liposuction Recovery

Thank you for your question. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. The first few days after surgery, you should rest quietly. If you can elevate the body part, it is usually suggested that you do so. Remember, you must not take Aspirin or certain anti-inflammatory medications. You most likely will wear a garment. If it is too tight, you should promptly notify your surgeon. During the first 48 hours following surgery, patients experience varying degrees of swelling and bruising. Although the vast majority of patients will have virtually no bruising, some patients will have bruising. Bruising typically disappears within 7 to 10 days. Stitches are usually removed within a week of surgery. Straining, bending over and lifting should be avoided during the early postoperative period. In many instances, you will be able to resume most of your normal activities within 10 days or less. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for small areas

It sounds like you're a great candidate for liposuction. I'm currently getting nice results on small areas with one of the new laser lipo procedures called Slim Lipo. This most likely can be done in small areas with local anesthetic only and you will benefit from a quick recovery and be able to return to work in 1-2 days. Though you may have some soreness and bruising over a couple of weeks, people typically recover pretty quickly. Get evaluated by a surgeon who can look at your body and anatomy and make a good recommendation.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results

Liposuction usually works best for peopel with small areas of troubled fatty deposits that just won't disappear with weight loss and exercise. The recovery is much easier than other surgery and usually you can go back to full acitivity within a week or two.

Liposuction for small areas.

Yes, it works very well for small areas and the recovery is minimal. Make sure you see an experienced liposuction surgeon.

Dear Ideal Candidate?!

Being ideal body weight and having a healthy lifestyle make liposuction ideal.  The recovery is very reasonable, with many patients going back to work after 2 or 3 days.  I prefer to do these types of surgery under local anesthesia in my AAAASF certified operating room, most commonly with laser assisted technology.  Patients are allowed to return to their exercise routine, typically, after 7 to 10 days.  You can now confirm your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon at  abplsurg.org, good luck!

Julius W. Few, MD

Focal areas of liposuction

yes, liposuction can be done in very small areas of focal fat accumulation. Small cannulae are usually used for this and introduced through one or more insertion sites.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Small Areas of Liposuction equals no down time

Small areas like those that you describe can be done in the office with local anesthesia by any method of liposuction (standard, laser, ultrasonic, or hydrostatic). You should have essentially no down time, returning to normal activities immediately.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

You should recover in 1-2 days

You are a good candidate for laser lipo. This can be done under local anesthesia  and you should get a good result. Please make sure that your surgeon i board certified plastic surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Small areas of lipo

Yes, and you can return to exercise in less than 5 days. I would recommend Smart Lipo + lipo as a very good surgery plan. Seek 3 opinions in person. From MIAMI Dr.B

Areas that only need a small amount of liposuction do fabulous and have a quick recovery.

Small areas of fat liposuction out very easily and almost painlessly under local anesthesia with you back to work in 2 days and no ugly scarring.  Do it today.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon