Recovery After Vaser Liposuction - What to Expect and What to Do?

I've had Vaser done about 10 days ago on my lower/upper tummy area, love handles and back - mostly perfect-ionizing my body shape. While my back is ok i some swelling around my tummy area.

10 days past procedure - is this the most of swelling i should see or is it going to get even worse? When can i start massage? I have this ultrasonic massager next to me and don't know if i should use it or not and would it help at all and how many minutes/times i should use it each day?

Recovery After Vaser Liposuction - What to Expect and What to Do

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Many studies indicate that there is less injury to the body with Vaser than with traditional #liposuction. Recovery from Vaser Liposuction is based on the level of soreness and bruising experienced by the patient. But, it can vary among patients. As with traditional liposuction, there are no large incisions  or effect on the muscle and other underlying tissue. Therefore, #healing time may be less than anticipated by most. Therefore, Vaser patients may experience less #pain or discomfort, #swelling (#edema) and bruising post procedure due to the nature of the technique.  

A quicker #recovery for a patient may be two to three weeks without any strenuous activity. This includes the short period of suggested rest of 12-24 hours soon following the procedure. #Exercise and activity are contingent on how the patient feels. Mild activity is not likely to hinder recovery or healing or create problems with recovery.  However, it is recommended to acquire your doctor's permission to do so. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  

Swelling after #Vaser liposuction is not uncommon. Gentle #walking may increase circulation and help to alleviate swelling. But you must not strain or push yourself. Also, if you were provided a post-procedure #garment, be sure you are wearing it until prescribed otherwise by your doctor. The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Many patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after procedures, as directed by their doctor; some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.

The final results of the procedure are typically most noticeable 2-4 months following the #Vaser. So, you must have patience. The swelling will gradually diminish while the contours of the treated area(s) can continue to improve up to one year post procedure; becoming more apparent in appearance. If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.