Most Recommended Cellulite Treatment for Dimples on Butt and Legs?

I am 34, 5'2" 116 lbs (gymnast build). I have had dimply cellulite since high school. 3 years ago, I had liposuction on my inner and outer thighs with great results. I decreased in inches but it did not reduce appearance of dimples on back of legs, butt and above knees.

I have always and continue to eat healthy, work out regularly (cardio, weights and yoga.) Nothing has helped. What treatment if any, would you recommend for me? Velashape, Accent, Mesotherapy, Endermology, Smart Lipo or a combo? More liposuction? Or should I wait a while until treatments are perfected? Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Selfconsciousinshorts

Cellfina Provides Improvement in Cellulite That Lasts!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello and thank-you for your question!

Cellfina is the latest break though for the treatment of cellulite. The treatment targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite. It is most effective for the treatment of deep dimples and depressions of the buttocks and back of the thighs. it is less effective in the treatment of generalized waviness. Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfaction for our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite.

Thank you, Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Cellulite treatment

I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of your persistent cellulite.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze Treatment

For treatment of cellulite on your legs and buttocks, I would suggest you consider a new FDA approved treatment called Cellulaze.

Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sugene Kim

A Minimally Invasive But Effective Cellulite Treatment

Cellulite affects up to 85% of adult women and can be extremely difficult to #correct. Many treatments are ineffective or take multiple sessions to complete with very temporary results. If you are deemed a candidate, you may benefit from #Cellfina. Cellfina is the newest, most effective FDA approved technology available for treating cellulite. This one-time, minimally invasive procedure takes only 45 minutes to perform, but the results last for a minimum of two years. #Cellfina has the longest lasting results of any current #cellulite treatment. Its approval rate is over 93% here on RealSelf.

Used on #moderate to #severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance.
There is no cutting and no incisions. To perform this controlled, precise, and safe procedure, a vacuum hand piece is placed over the dimpled tissue through which the surgeon will deliver a local anesthetic. Then a small, needle-like #microblade is inserted to release the fibrous bands, the cause of cellulite. Seek more information to learn if you are candidate for #Cellfina by consulting with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Cellulaze works

Hello. As you have probably learned from your research on cellulite it has always been very difficult to treat. Certainly creams and lotions are of no use especially when looking at the cost/benefit ratio and the fact that they are in no way permanent.  Procedures like Velashape and Endermologie are non-invasive but require multiple treatments and maintenance treatments or everything returns back to the way it was. Again, for the cost not a very satisfying option. If you are not ready or convinced about Cellulaze your best bet would to be to do nothing rather than spend your time and money on procedures that often end up in frustration. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze can do for them. At some point it might be worthwhile to have a consultation with someone in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze to get more detailed information. I honestly think it is the best tool we have for cellulite today. Good luck. Sincerely, Dean Vistnes   

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Superficial liposuction with subdermal tunnelling will help cellulite.

Hi.

In my experience, the various treatments you mention will not help you. They are non invasive and mostly non beneficial.  In New York City, we have had pretty good improvement of cellulite with superficial liposuction (Gasparotti technique) and subdermal tunnelling to smooth the skin.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy.     I recommend Cellfina in combination with Sculptra or renuva for optimal results.  You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Cellulite & dimple treatment

Best Treatment for Cellulite

For the most recommended and most effective procedure for your cellulite, there is a laser

treatment called Cellulaze that was recently approved by the FDA last year. This procedure

is proven to show better results even after just one session. The outcome lasts one year

or longer, but you may need followup sessions depending on the results. I would not

recommend any sort of liposuction, as it may worsen your cellulite.

Cellulaze!

Cellulaze is the first long-lasting cellulite reduction treatment, through one minimally invasive treatment. This treatment has the ability to smooth out skin and keep it cellulite-free.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Cellulite Treatment

Thank you for your question. Cellulaze is the best cellulite treatment available. It is minimally invasive, with little to no downtime. 93% of patients have stated they are happy with the treatment and would recommend it to a friend.