Recommended Approach to Babyface Problem?

Hi, I am a woman, and most people think I am a 12/13/14 year old when I am like 30. I don't have excessive fat on my face or anything but I do have a very tiny head and face. So if I want to enlarge my face do I sort of need work at the jaw bones?

Doctor Answers 4

No procedures to enlarge face for baby-face problem

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are no procedures to enlarge the face. The jawbone can be cut and brought forward, especially if the teeth are not in alignment, and this is called a mandibular osteotomy to give further projection of the chin if there is a retrusive chin.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 158 reviews

Baby face is a lucky thing to have

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Believe it or not, people would kill to be confused for being much younger than they are.  Keep your young looks and just act as mature as possible and dress maturly.  Don't do any surgery. 

Babyface is what we all want.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 Enjoy this while you can and don't change anything. Making the parts bigger will ruin your face. Believe me, there will come a day when you will not be thought of as younger.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

You might also like...

BabyFace Correction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without a photograph it is impossible to begin commenting cogently on your question.

There is no market for cosmetic procedures which make people uglier and older.

My sincere advice to you is to enjoy your "Baby Face" for as long as you can and remember that millions of others willingly pay tens of thousands of dollars for what was given you. Lastly, I can assure you that looking young is NOT a permanent condition. Time and gravity age all living things.

Dr. P. Aldea

Peter A. Aldea, MD
Memphis Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.