Would You Recommend Me to Have Surgery on my Face? (photo)

Since I've been wearing braces for the past few years I have noticed as I've grown my face has grown longer, especially my chin and my face has become thin, I would like some advice on what would be the best option, to widen my face? I am 19 years old, so I am probably still growing someone please help.

Doctor Answers 1

Long thin face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You appear to have what we call a "long-face-syndrome"...clever term isn't it?  This is really not a syndrome or disease but rather just an extreme deviation from average facial proportions.

Only surgery could correct this problem and it is a "big deal" so make sure you talk about all the pros and cons with your orthodontist and the surgeon before considering it.

Saint Louis Orthodontist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.