One syringe of belotero in lips: 2 weeks later, lips as thin as before - Normal?

This is the first time I have ever had this procedure and was going to get more because I am unhappy with the results but was thinking maybe I shouldn't use the belotero. Initially there was swelling and my lips looked good.Any ideas?

May need Restylane or Juvederm

Belotero is a fine filler for the lips- however it does tend to be a little thinner (less viscous) than some of the other hyaluronic acid fillers.  Because of this, sometimes people don't see the results they want when used for lip augmentation.  I usually use Belotero in the lips for people who really don't want much change- just some slight improvement of the lip borders- however the Belotero doesn't "plump" the lips as much as Restylane or Juvederm.
That being said, I would recommend that you go back to your injector and discuss these issues with him/her.  Additionally, please ensure that your injector is experienced with these fillers as well as lip augmentation- fillers can produce dramatically different results in the hands of experienced vs inexperienced injectors.
Good luck!

Bellevue Dermatologist

May need Restylane or Juvederm

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Good luck!

Bellevue Dermatologist