aAm I ready for a mommy makeover? (Photo)

Hi, I am a mother of 2, 23 years old.. was wondering if I am a good candidate for mommy makeover? I was never really skinny but my stomach didn't look like this! Currently weight 136 at 5'4 and am realistically happy at this weight. Do you think I could benefit a lot from a tummy tuck? Also considering the mommy makeover for breast augmentation. My breasts went from a small B to an A, shrunk a lot after pregnancies and have sagged.

Are You Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Am I ready for a Mommy Makeover?

From the photos it certainly looks like you would be a good candidate for the tummy tuck part of a Mommy Makeover. Without photos of the breast it is difficult to tell if you are a candidate for an implant as many women after childbirth and breast feeding may need or benefit from a breast lift. These procedures are often done at the same time. Definitely seek out a board vertified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation and more details. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Timing for a mommy makeover.

Thank you for your photos.  As long as you are finished having children, this would be a good time to consider having your mommy makeover.  Your photos appear to show you would benefit from an abdominoplasty to flatten your stomach and remove the excess skin and perhaps some liposuction to contour and narrow your waist.  A breast augmentation may be helpful to you to restore the fullness of your breasts but the issue of breast sagging must be addressed as well.  It would be very important to have an in depth consultation with a plastic surgeon who can evaluate your tissues so the best and safest procedures can be offered to you. Contact a board certified plastic surgeon in your state with excellent credentials to get all your questions answered.

R you ready for a mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  From your photographs it looks as though you would benefit from a tummy tuck and possibly some liposuction.  From your description of the decrease size of your breasts a breast augmentation might also benefit you.  If the breasts have also sagged you may need a breast lift as well.  Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in cosmetic breast and tummy surgery, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Am I ready for a mommy makeover?

A tummy tuck will provide a very nice improvement.   A breast augmentation with a possible lift may be appropriate as well.

Mommy makeover time!

You could be a great candidate for a mommy makeover.  Most surgeons refer to a "mommy makeover" as a series of cosmetic surgery procedures intended to restore a woman’s figure after pregnancy. I perform these procedures as part of a “mommy makeover” for patients who want an improved figure after having children. Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can take a serious toll on a woman’s body, and many moms find that no amount of diet and exercise can restore their pre-baby figures.

Procedures commonly performed during mommy makeovers include:

Abominoplasty (tummy tuck)
Breast Augmentation +/- Lift, or Breast Lift only without implants
Liposuction

These procedures can be performed in one stage or multiple stages depending on the patient's goals, health status and other screening criteria. After pregnancy, breasts can lose their youthful position and shape, the tummy can become stretched and lose its tone, and extra fat may get deposited in areas that are not so flattering. The plastic surgery procedures above are intended to correct those conditions and help restore your pre-pregnancy figure.  Best wishes!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

If your breasts are size A and you have had pregnancies, I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

An excellent candidate for a mommy makeover at age 23.

As well as I can tell from the photograph it looks as though you're an excellent candidate for this operation. Provided no further pregnancies are planned you should get the result will be long-lasting.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for the pictures.

I do believe that you are ready, a tummy tuck in combination with liposuction and fat grafting in to buttocks will definitely enhance your shape. In regards to your breast, I really need to see pictures of them in order to determine what would be the best implant size for you.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover candidate

If you are healthy, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover.  A tummy tuck, breast surgery and liposuction would likely all benefit you.

David Stoker, MD