I just wanted to know if skin pen is an option for a Tummy tuck scar?

It's me the one with the tummy tuck wound that was horrible. PS has recommended that I get skin pen treatment on my tummy tuck scar. Will this help my ugly scar?

#Tummytuck #plasticsurgery #abdominoplasty

Hello julslop, thank you for your excellent question. Congratulations on your recent surgery. Without the benefit of knowing your full health history and an in person exam it's impossible to say for certain. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you.  If you decide to seek a second opinion, consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person, preferably one who has these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.   Hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best. Kind regards, Brian Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Multiple oprtions

There are less invasive way to deal with the scarring that can sometimes depending on the wound healing biology become thickened.

It is one of many options to deal with scars.  Generally, wait at least 6 months after surgery before using the Skin Pen microneedling.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS