What would I need to have done to have a more sculpted stomach? (Photo)

I've had two babies, we are done. I had a 6 pack before kids. I work out twice a day, I ride at least 100 miles a month and I cannot for the life of me make my abs visible. I can feel them when I poke. They're awesome and my primary doctor always says he never sees moms with abs like mine, but you can't tell they're there. I feel like a fat blob. What can I do?

Trying to get your Pre-Pregnancy Body Back.....

For having had 2 babies, you look great!   It appears that your skin did very well, but that your muscles have been stretched and separated.  Unfortunately, that is something that exercise and dieting cannot fix.  A tummy tuck (mini or full) is the only fix for this, that is if this is the real issue.  Secondly, if you have a well defined 6-pack under your skin, then thinning out the overlying skin with liposuction can begin to let it show through.  If you would like even more definition, I would perform 6-pack Etching, carving out a 6-pack by removing the fat from between the bellies of your 6-pack muscles.  You can see pics of this on my website.  DiscoverTheBeauty.com   I wish you best of luck  

What would give me a Flat, Sculpted Tummy?

First, you are NOT a blob. Much less a fat blob. A lot of women on this site would be happy to have your figure.

Secondly, the operation(s) you have would depend on what is most important to you. Would you like to look flatter OR would you like to be flatter EVEN when bending over as if diving off the edge of a pool?

Liposuction and especially Liposculpture have 1 thing in common. They both remove fat. Liposculpture takes a much more aggressive fat removal by also differentially removing fat along muscles junctions to give you a more athletic look. So, will Liposculpture give you a flatter look standing? Yes. Will it make your obliques stand out? Yes. Could it give you a more defined butt? Absolutely.  So why not have it? Because it will NOT bring your separated muscles together (so when you bend over, the hammock will remain). It will not lift your sagging Mons pubis and anterior thighs and it will not give you the narrowest hourglass figure possible PLUS it may result in some lower tummy skin sag.

To correct the muscle separation, loss of hourglass figure, sagging mons and thighs you may best benefit from a "full" Tummy Tuck with Back Scoop Liposuction. That should give you good results and a FLAT tummy. IF after you heal you wish MORE definition of the muscles (with or without fat transfer to the buttocks) I would then consider Liposulpture as a touch up procedure.

Good Luck

Memphis, TN

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. I would recommend you a full Tummy Tuck together with lipo in all areas needed, Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

What would I need to have done to have a more sculpted stomach?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposculpture / Liposuction/ Hi Definition procedures/ Body contouring with fat grafting

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks. You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create and athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

You are a GREAT candidate for a 4D HI definition body shaping procedure with fat removal, skin tightening and fat injections to lift the buttock and/or breasts.  Please see a body contouring specialist who is VASER HI DEF trained.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction expert in Los Angeles

You would be an excellent candidate for our liposuction procedures that include liposuction, lipocavitation, skin tightening, Liposonix, Ultherapy, and Yag laser. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
#Realself100 Surgeon

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

What would I need to have done to have a more sculpted stomach

Happy Thursday!! exercising and eating a good healthy diet will help you loose the weight in the abdomen area. Remember 70% is what you eat and 30% is exercising. If you change your diet it might help you get to your goals. If you see that you are still struggling then Liposuction  will help you get rid of the fat .Good Luck 

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tucks are wonderful

It appears as though you could get amazing results from a tummy tuck.  I perform many of these procedures and it sounds and looks like you are an excellent candidate for one!  The procedure involves removing the excess skin and stretch marks from below the belly button while tightening the muscles at the same time.  The recovery is about 1-2 weeks and you can resume intense exercise at 6 weeks.

Thanks for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Thank you for your question and photos.  Liposuction will remove fat from your abdomen but it will NOT correct for muscle separation that you may have as a result of your pregnancies.  If it is determined that you do in fact have muscle separation, this will not be corrected using any other method but surgery.  A tummy tuck can correct the muscle separation to give your abdomen a flatter appearance and overall better contour.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL