Will the tip of my nose drop? (Photos)

I just had rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago and the tip of my nose is super high. I liked the height that it was originally. Will this drop?

Post op rhinoplasty

you are very early in your post op course to determine whether or not your tip will drop. Be patient you still have swelling which may linger for several months. Final judgement should not be made for up to a year after the surgery.

THREE WEEKS POST RHINOPLASTY QUESTIONS

Dear Crissy2400, You are very early in the recovery phase and in the next few months you will have a better idea of your post-operative results. I would suggest that you see your surgeon often for post-operative visits as he/she knows best where you are in the recovery phase, what techniques were used during your procedure and what your proposed results were. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty - Too early to judge

At 3 weeks, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years.  You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Tip projection after rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos.  The tip projection early after a rhinoplasty procedure is a result of swelling as well as the surgical procedures that were performed (tip suturing, columella graft, etc).  At three weeks we know that there is still significant swelling present so additional decrease in the overall tip projection will be seen with time.  
I hope this helps.  Good luck with the rest of the healing journey.
Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tip changes after surgery

You need to discuss this question with your surgeon as it is impossible to answer your question without knowing what exactly was done in your surgery. Tip projection and rotation may change or may not change depending on the specific rhinoplasty technique utilized (caudal septal extension graft vs. columellar strut graft vs. no tip graft).

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon