I have an orbital blowout without entrapment, where can I seek care with the highest chance of restoring symmetry?

My right orbit has been fractured and pushed in a minor amount 3 days ago. Enough to be visible and make it noticeably deformed. There is no entrapment, but I don't want to be ugly. I was referred to a public provider, but I am willing to pay more money to have better symmetrical results. I don't want to be deformed. The hospital staff did not discuss with me where my best chances of aesthetic recovery were. Do public providers have higher rates of ugliness? Where can I find the best care?

Facial Trauma Care

I will comment on this. I work at the busy (public) Cook County Hospital in Chicago a few days a week covering trauma. I also work at my private cosmetic practice downtown Chicago. 

To tell you the truth we do a lot more facial trauma the county hospital than the cosmetic practice. The key is to find someone with high volume facial trauma that will be able to assess your injury and maximize your results.

For orbital blowout fractures without entrapment there is no rush to surgery. Often times there is enough scar tissue to fill the floor and no enophthalmos results (the insetting of the orbit into the orbital cavity giving a smaller eye appearance).

Waiting ~ 2 wks is ideal so that the periorbital swelling can resolve and we can do our best to reach symmetry. 

It all depends on where the fracture is located and the volume of bone that is displaced.

DrC

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Orbital blow out fracture repair

Best to see an orbital surgeon. Need CT scan of your orbits and examination to better tell you. See following link for more details.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon