How to fix wide and thick periareolar scars?

Had BA 7 1/2 months ago not too thrilled about scar results. Everyone else's look nice, thin and undetectable. Mine are a little thick and odd shaped what can be done? They definitely do not loook normal, they make me cry when i see them. Should i stick to my original surgeon or look else where? Is scar revision a consideration in the future? And if so what is the process and why could it help? Thank you!

Scar revisions can always be attempted

but no one can guarantee the outcome.  Your choice is to live as you are or take a chance and consider steroid injections at the time of your revision and even additional injections in follow-up if thickening is appreciated.

Visible Scar Concern

It sounds as though you may have hypertrophic scarring which is complication related to scarring more common in some skin types/tones. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to examine you in person and discuss scar treatments available.
All the best

Poor scars

Hi
I am sorry to hear about your poor scars. This is a risk with all surgery as healing is very individual and I warn all of my patients about it. If you did not have infection or other problem as the wound was healing then scar revision is probably going to produce a similar scar. It sounds like you have hypertrophic scars but it is hard to be sure without good images.Silicon gel or patches can help to mature or flatten the scar and sometimes steroid injections. You are also early in scar maturation and they can take 12 months to look their best.See and discuss with your PS 
bets wishes  

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Peri-areolar scars

Thank you for your question.  If you are happy with your Plastic Surgeon then I would return to him and discuss a scar revision.   It most likely would be done in the office under local anesthesia.  

Chad Robbins, MD

Thick scars

Everyone heals differently and in different parts of our bodies.  If you have waited at least 6 months for the scars to mature, then a revision may improve things.

Periareolar scars

The areolar area heals quite well for most patients.  However, if you have delayed wound healiing, low grade infection, or a genetic predisposition to thicken your scars, the incision area may not heal with a thin line.I would suggest speaking to your doctor about it and seeing what he/she feels is the cause of your situation.  Often, a simple scar revision performed under local anesthesia is all that is required with postoperative scar management.   Best wishes!

Stephen Bresnick, MD