After gynecomastia surgery, (a week), how can you tell if you could possibly be bleeding internally or bleeding too much?

I had sex and I'm afraid I could've damaged something.

Healing After Gynecomastia Surgery

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue.
The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.
Additionally, your doctor may place tape or foam over the incisions, which can be removed on day 3 or 4, before your first post-op appointment.
If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Sex after Gynecomastia Removal

Your plastic surgeon will give you the best answer in your specific case about this and sex. For most of my patients I allow sex to begin at 6 weeks. If you are concerned, meet with your surgeon as soon as you can. 

#gynecomastiaremoval
#gynecomastia
#malebreastreduction
#gynecomastiaremovalpostop

Hematoma

If you had significant bleeding, you would have significant swelling of one side, accompanied by bruising and possible pain.  If you are very concerned, best to be examined by your plastic surgeon.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding after gynecomastia

bleeding after gynecomastia may occur, but you would notice asymmetric swelling of one breast over the other. i would contact your surgeon immediately if you have any concerns.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Thank you for your question.  Internal bleeding would cause significant bruising to your skin, swelling of your tissues, and worsening of your pain.   

Bleeding

You would be quite swollen and bruised if you had significant bleeding after the procedure.  If the treated areas are not bruised and the swelling is subsiding, you probably are not experiencing bleeding.

Malcolm D. Paul, MD

Bleeding

Thank you for your question and you would be significantly bruised and swollen if you bled

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD