24 year old, 5'4 205lb! Interested in breast augmentation. Am I too fat? How many cc would be appropriate for my body? (Photo)

I have large legs and butt. I want to be more proportioned.

Size

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The implant selection should be based on a combination of your desired size, soft tissue dynamics, breast base diameter and skin elasticity.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with.   Finally, make sure your surgeon is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
Dr. Desai
Beverly Hills Institute for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach TrainedDouble Board-Certified Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your excellent question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, shape, texture, and type of implant (e.g., saline, silicone gel, “gummy bear”) is based on your desired versus existing breast size and shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality. Of course, you will need an in-person consultation to evaluate you for this procedure. Preoperative visualization and surgical simulation with the Crisalix system may help with your decision. I suggest that you find a board-certified plastic surgeon with whom you are comfortable. Be sure to have all of your questions answered during a face-to-face meeting with your surgeon, and review before and after pictures of patients who have had similar procedures. Good luck!

Jon Ver Halen, MD FACS

Harvard educated plastic surgeon

Texas “Top Doc”

24 year old, 5'4 205lb! Interested in breast augmentation. Am I too fat? How many cc would be appropriate for my body?

Thanks for your question and photograph.  Though you probably require a larger implant to balance the proportions of your body you are not a suitable candidate with a BMI that is currently 35.  Reduce your weight to calculate your BMI as 30 or less and then meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon will probably be considering an implant between 400 mL and 550 mL for you.  This is an estimate and in my opinion the best time to determine the final implant selection is during surgery when test implants can be placed and actual aesthetic results determined.  Try to get your weight down to reduce the risk of complications and to enhance the likelihood of good healing.  Also be sure to not be smoking or taking any blood thinning medications when you undergo surgery.  Enjoy the video above for more information that you find helpful.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California
IG: jonperlmanmd

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast augmentation with autologous fat

If you have excess fat on your body you should consider transferring some of the excess fat to the breasts.  That's helpful in reducing areas with excess fat and augmenting the breasts as well.  If done properly you can gain one to one and a half cup sizes using this technique.  If you desire much larger then breast implants can achieve the desired effect. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Determination

I ask that all of my patients are within 10-15 pounds of their "happy weight" this will make sure that results are not altered by a significant weight loss. As long as you clear medically for surgery, you should be good! Start by visiting a few experienced board certified surgeons for in person consultations! Best of luck! Dr. Kachenmeister

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Consultation

Thank you for reaching out and sharing photos! Based on your photos, you seem to be a great candidate! As for being at a healthy weight to undergo anesthesia, that can be best determined at an in person consultation with an experienced board certified surgeon. At that point you can discuss options as well as risks. Some surgeons will have their patients get medical clearance prior to operating, just depends on the surgeon. Best of luck! Dr. Kim

Daniel B. Kim, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Augmentation

Yes, you can get a breast augmentation. The specifics of the surgery regarding type, size shape and style of implant can onl be chosen after a full consultation and examination. However, your BMI is over 35 making anesthesia a higher risk. Bet to get that number under 30 before considering cosmetic surgery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

24 year old, 5'4 205lb and interested in breast augmentation.

Your weight doesn't preclude you from having a breast augmentation. However, if you are planning to lose a substantial amount of weight, it would be more prudent to do this prior to proceeding with the enlargement as the results and proportionality will be affected by the weight loss.

In order to determine what sizes, type and style of implants would be best for you, you should seek one or more consultations with reputable board certified plastic surgeons who could evaluate you and based on your anatomy and desires, make recommendations for you.

Good luck!

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Implant size

Dear __cookie,

determining the ideal breast size and matching that goal for the patient is the most difficult part of breast augmentation. It starts and ends with the patient. We have all of our patients find 3 photos of their desired breast size. We ask for naked breast photos because clothing can obscure the true size (push up bras). Next, we consult with patients and go over the photos and take detailed breast measurements during a physical exam. Next, we using a sizing algorithm to determine a range of implants that will work based on the exam and the measurements. Lastly, during the operation, we use silicone sizers in the operating room to see how the size actually looks in the breast. We sit the patient up in the operating room, while asleep of course, and compare the sizer result with their desired look photos. If its too small, we start the process over with a slightly larger implant. We don't stop until we get the perfect match. Of all of my breast augmentation patients, everyone of them have been happy with their size due to this detailed and meticulous process. You don't want to invest time and money into a result that is either too big or too small.

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

Daniel Barrett, MD