11 days post concerns - lower body lift. (photos)

Hi, I just had lower body lift surgery, 11 days ago but the front area concerns me. Also my ps instructed to have my garment removed for 1 wk. Is this counterproductive or should I be ok!? Thank u for ur time.

Body Lift/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Circulation.

It looks like some of the skin is not getting enough oxygen and the color changes and blisters are s sign of this condition. With good care, I believe you can still have a good outcome, but seeing your plastic surgeon often is a must. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

What can I do about the discoloration of my lower body lift?

From the photo you have posted, you may not have enough blood supply in that area above the incision line. This may resolve with time or it may end up with what is called necrosis. I would follow what your plastic surgeon is telling you. I sometimes add hyperbaric oxygen therapy, nitro paste if my patients after a lower body lift have circulation problems. I also caution them not to even be around anyone that smokes. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lift - concerns at ll days

Thank you for asking about your lower body lift.

• You appear to have a small blister above your incision.
  • You appear to have a issue of healing around your navel.
  • Please contact your plastic surgeon to be seen.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lower body lift

You need to go to see  your doctor.  The circulation on your skin in compromised and needs to be treated.

S/p lower body lift

You have definite soft tissue compromise and necrosis; you need to initiate aggressive dressing changes and consider topical vasodilator in an attempt to have compromised tissues convert to viable tissues rather than full thickness skin loss. Lower body lifts need to be performed with specific attention to detail in order to avoid these complications.

Arian Mowlavi, MD